Please click the [ Mark Complete ] button at the bottom of this page when you’ve achieved the following goals:
Be able to
- Use an online tool to digitally determine the number of a barcode
What is it?
An online barcode reader where you upload a barcode digital image and it provides the result from a scan of the image.
- a scan of an EAN-13 image will provide a 13-numeral number
- a scan of a QR Code will provide the URL that the QR Code has encoded.
When would I use it?
When you don’t have a physical scanner or a mobile-phone scanner for scanning barcodes.
What if I only have the physical barcode?
Then take a photo and upload it digitally.
What type of barcodes can it read?
PDF417, DataMatrix, QR, Codabar, Code128, Interleaved2of5, Ucc128, Code93, Upce, Ean8, Postnet, UspsIntelligentMail, AustralianPost, BpoPostcode
How to use it:
A) Preparation: Locate or create the digital image that you wish to scan online. If you only have a printed image, you will need to photograph or otherwie make a digital copy.
C) Follow the 3-step process:
- Under Select barcode types, click a checkbox [ ] to inform the software what TYPE of barcode you are intending to scan.
- Under Select image File, click the Choose File button, browse for and select your barcode image (you can only choose an image of the listed types).
- When the file is uploaded, alongside 3. click the Read button and wait for the result.
To check that it works, run this test:
1) Right-click and Save this image to your local drive:
2) Now run through the above procedure to determine the barcode number for this image.
3) The result should be 0745110702078