Please click the [ Mark Complete ] button at the bottom of this page when you’ve achieved these goals:
- State why you may need to amend an individual customer’s Guarantee Certificate.
- Be able to manually amend a single customer’s Guarantee Certificate.
- Explain how you would edit the Guarantee Certificate TEMPLATE, should this be necessary for some reason.
Why manually amend a Guarantee Certificate?
Customers understand that the certificate is important so they ask for it to be corrected.
The correction is usually around “Line 1”.
“Line 1″ should be the the customer’s company name or personal name, as they stated in the Order.
It is pulled through to their PDF Guarantee Certificate, which states that ‘*Customer Name* is the owner of the following barcode numbers…”.
There are three normal reasons that customers ask you to amend their Guarantee Certificate:
- Surprisingly, customers often enter the incorrect information into “Line 1” of the checkout form when they order a barcode.
For example, they type their own name rather than a company name.
- Typing errors in the Company Name when ordering.
For example, they order in a hurry and don’t properly use Capital letters in the company name.
- Change of Company Name.
Manually amending a customer’s Guarantee Certificate:
If a customer made a mistake with Line 1, and asks you to amend their guarantee certificate, please use this Publisher Template in the Dropbox folder.
This file cannot be previewed in Dropbox, so you need to do the following:
- Open it in Publisher
- Edit it with your customer’s Name, barcode number and correct date.
- Save it as a PDF
- Email it to your customer.
Editing the Guarantee Certificate Template
IMPORTANT: Only edit the template for a good reason!
We put a lot of thought and effort into the certificate wording based on our knowledge of global barcode legalities and history, so only edit your certificate on advice from us or from a legitimate legal entity in your region! If in doubt, ask us what we think.
Why edit the Guarantee Certificate?
Sometimes we send you an announcement that recommends new wording.
For example, 27/08/21 – “The purpose of this rewording is to clarify the chain of ownership of our barcode numbers, and to make our guarantee a bit clearer to customers. This helps minimise potential legal liability for all of us by reducing unforeseen ‘grey areas’.”
Here is a sample certificate with the amended wording: https://singaporebarcodes.com/downloads/complete/Certificate-of-GTIN-assignment-0764460075700-0764460075793-6126f43a23696.png
To edit your Guarantee Certificate text
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to Automation Settings > “Brand Owner text” box.
- Copy and paste the text from the announcement but be sure to edit it with your own country/website details.
- Check carefully before saving.
- In Woocommerce > Orders, choose a customer order and use Order actions > Regenerate Certificate, then click the link to check the output.