Please click the [ Mark Complete ] button at the bottom of this page when you’ve completed these goals:
- Understand the purpose of an Impressum Page, and establish how important it is for your particular business.
- Properly customise your Impressum Page on your website if this is required.
What is an Impressum Page?
(From Linkedin) ‘Impressum’ is a Latin word adopted in German; which means ‘Imprint’, ‘Credits’, ‘Legal Disclosure’, ‘Legal Notice’ or ‘Statement of Ownership’. It’s basically a fancier word of ‘about us’ and ‘Terms of Conditions (TOS)’ pages.
(From Wikipedia) “An Impressum (from Latin impressum, “the impressed, engraved, pressed in, impression”) is the term given to a legally mandated statement of the ownership and authorship of a document, which must be included in books, newspapers, magazines and websites published in Germany and certain other German-speaking countries, ..”
Do you need an Impressum Page?
You need an Impressum on all commercial websites in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
If you do SEO in these countries, you require one.
If you run a personal blog with no advertising and make no money from it, then you do not need one.
Customising your Impressum Page:
- Under the Trademark section replace Global Barcodes with your website name (e.g. “Edit the Terms and Conditions page”).
- Under Operator and Contact replace our company name, address, email and phone number with *your* company (or personal) name, address, email and phone number.
- Under Authorised Sole Representative replace ‘David Allis’ with your personal name.
- Under Register put your company registration details (or type ‘N/A’ if you are a sole trader and not a registered company).
- Under Commercial Court put your country name.
- Under Tax Identification Number put your company tax number (or type “N/A” if you don’t have a company).
- Under Content Responsibility type your name.
- Update / Save.
- View your Impressum page Live and check that it is correct and that no template data is still visible.
For legal issues related to your website see also: