Calculating and paying License Fees

Return to Website 01 Course

 Goals:

    Please click the [ Mark Complete ] button at the bottom of this page when you’ve completed the lesson topics. 

  • Learn how to calculate and pay License Fees.
Overview:

License fee payments are due once a month (unless we agree otherwise).

  1. At the end of every month we will Email you (the licensee) a Monthly Sales Report excel sheet.
  2. We add the data from these reports to your own Sales Summary Google document.
  3. We do a Facebook post notifying you that the sales figures have been added to your Google document.
  4. You then check your Google document to ensure that you agree with its sales figures.
    If you disagree with anything, please let us know so that we can then make adjustments if needed.
    Reassurance: to date, the sales figures in the Google document have proven accurate 99.9% of the time.
  5. We then use each Google document to calculate the license fees that you owe us, and on this basis we email you an Invoice (we try to email this Invoice before the 15th of each month).
  6. License fees are required to be paid before the end of each month (i.e. about 2 weeks after we send the invoice to you).
    Payment options:
    – PayPal
    – International bank deposit, or
    – Western Union (to our bank account in New Zealand)
Guidelines:
  • It is important that your website sales figures are accurate!
  • Check your website sales figures regularly under WooCommerce > Orders to make sure that it’s correct.
  • If you have cancelled or refunded any order, make sure that order is marked as cancelled or refunded.
  • If you have done any test orders, make sure you have marked them as cancelled.
  • DO NOT delete any orders.
  • It’s important that you set up your own credit card payment gateway on your website (if you haven’t done so already) so that you receive payments from your customers directly.
  • If you are using one of our payment gateways (e.g. our Stripe account, or our PayPal account) then we’ll deduct 20% of those payments to cover our admin costs, and then count the remaining 80% of those payments as license fee payments made by you to us.
  • If you don’t have access to your Sales Summary Google document sales figures yet, please email us ([email protected]) and we will send you a link to it.
    We’ll only create the document and email a link to you after you have received the first few orders in your website and you start owing us license fees (for new websites it may take a few months before you start receiving orders and customer payments).
Learning how to Calculate and Pay License fees:

Watch 

   93 – Understanding Sales Figures and Fee Calculations  
These are based on a Google spreadsheet, which you should be able to access | Tabs:  Summary | Sales (and the need for adjustments) | Credit Card Gateways are extra work for us, so we charge extra and try to discourage their use |