Please click the [ Mark Complete ] button at the bottom of this page when you’ve completed these goals:
- Access your domain-specific mailbox and send / receive test emails.
To test your Email:
1. Access your mailbox in either of these ways:
- Online via roundcube, or
- On your computer via Mozilla Thunderbird
- NOTE: we prefer Thunderbird to Roundcube – it is a good tool that can cope with @yourdomain.com type emails, as well as Gmail accounts – all in one place
2. Send test emails to confirm operation.
Watch our Youtube instruction videos:
20 – How to set up an email account with Mozilla Thunderbird
Thunderbird is free Email software. Download from https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/ | Run the software and follow instructions in the video | You will need detailed information from the Email Account Setup document in the International Barcodes Licensee Setup folder |
78 – How to use Thunderbird (preferred) or Roundcube for Email
Email is at the heart of our business communications, so a reliable email service is critical to success | We use 25mail.st as a managed email host (Email hosting is a service in which a hosting provider rents out email servers to its users, and provides professional services for peace-of-mind) | This video shows some options for your Email front end software: Roundcube (online only) and Mozilla Thunderbird (our preference) |
Demonstration of Roundcube features (online) | Demonstration of Thunderbird features | Setting up Thunderbird | Thunderbird is especially good at managing multiple email accounts in one interface (including Gmail) | Note the Quick text Add-on, which we’ve found effective) |